0 comments

WestSide starts new CBM campaign

by on July 30, 2012 3:54 am BST
 

The company announced on Monday that drilling had commenced on the first well of the campaign which is aimed at increasing production to an initial target of nearly 23.6 million cubic feet per day.

It noted that gas sales from the Meridian SeamGas joint venture averaged about 12.7 MMcfd last month.

The drilling programme is being carried out using two rigs and will consist of three new dual-lateral well sets and one up-dip blind lateral well.

“The results achieved to date from wells already drilled have given the joint venture confidence to proceed with this next phase as we look to lift production to satisfy existing sales contracts,” said WestSide chief executive Julie Beeby.

WestSide drilled seven dual-lateral wells in its previous campaign on the field, two of which have achieved production rates of more than 1 MMcfd, while another three have achieved pre-peak flow rates of more than 675,000 cubic feet per day.

WestSide is operator of the Meridian SeamGas CBM field and holds a 51% stake with Japan’s Mitsui E&P holding the remaining 49% interest.