0 comments

Technical Analysis Oct.28th

by on October 28, 2014 7:13 am GMT
 

EURUSD

The Euro keeps grinding higher—the pair has already reached the initial resistance at 1.27 represented by the weekly pivot point and 20-day SMA. If the bullish tendency persists, the next supply area to try to stop the advancement is going to be at 1.2744 (2013 low). Still, the key level is 1.28, as it unites the monthly PP, weekly R1, 55-day SMA and a down-trend. This zone is expected to retain the medium-term bearish outlook intact.

Traders’ Sentiment
While the sentiment towards EURUSD is neutral, interestingly enough, an increase in the value of the common currency was associated with a rise in the share of the buy orders—from 50 to 57%.

EURUSD Pivot Levels Pivot Woodie Fibonacci
Resistance 3 1.2786 1.2788 1.2754
Resistance 2 1.2754 1.2755 1.2732
Resistance 1 1.2728 1.273 1.2719
Pivot 1.2697 1.2698 1.2697
Support 1 1.2671 1.2673 1.2675
Support 2 1.264 1.2641 1.2662
Support 3 1.2614 1.2616 1.264

GBPUSD

Yesterday the Cable was trading at the multi-month down-trend and most of the technical indicators were bearish. Accordingly, the bias towards the pair was negative. However, the bulls gained the upper hand and pushed the price above the resistance at 1.61. This implies the Sterling is going to move even higher, potentially up to 1.62. There the rally should come to an end and give way for a sell-off towards 1.5850.

Traders’ Sentiment
Relatively less than yesterday but nonetheless a majority (62%) of the SWFX market participants are long the British Pound. In the meantime, the percentage of sell orders went notably down, namely from 65 to 57%.

GBPUSD Pivot Levels Pivot Woodie Fibonacci
Resistance 3 1.6213 1.6215 1.618
Resistance 2 1.618 1.6181 1.6157
Resistance 1 1.6152 1.6154 1.6142
Pivot 1.6119 1.612 1.6119
Support 1 1.6091 1.6093 1.6096
Support 2 1.6058 1.6059 1.6081
Support 3 1.603 1.6032 1.6058

USDJPY

For the time being the demand at 108 is acting as a support. However, the bears seem to be persistent, and we cannot rule out a possibility of a deeper decline. In this case USDJPY will be expected to pierce through the nearby supports and descend to 106.50, where the pair will have a good opportunity to stabilise at the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement of the Jul 17-Oct 1 rally. Nevertheless, the outlook for the US Dollar remains bullish.

Traders’ Sentiment
The present distribution between the bulls and the bears is exactly the same as 24 hours ago—40 and 60%, respectively. Concerning the commands placed 100 pips from the current market price, 56% are to purchase the Buck.

USDJPY Pivot Levels Pivot Woodie Fibonacci
Resistance 3 108.73 108.71 108.46
Resistance 2 108.46 108.45 108.24
Resistance 1 108.15 108.13 108.1
Pivot 107.88 107.87 107.88
Support 1 107.58 107.56 107.66
Support 2 107.3 107.29 107.52
Support 3 107 106.98 107.3

USDCHF

USDCHF continues to retreat, as there are no significant support levels until 0.9450, where demand is implied by the 23.6% retracement of May 8-Oct 3 up-move. This area is also reinforced by the monthly pivot point, weekly S1 and 55-day SMA, making it the most likely lower boundary of the trading range in the short run. If reached, this support should trigger enough buying to drive the rate closer to 0.97.

Traders’ Sentiment
Just as in USDJPY, the sentiment with respect to USDCHF is also unchanged—58% of positions are long and the remaining 42% are short. As for the orders, there are now slightly more buy ones (63%) than at the time of the previous report (59%).

USDCHF Pivot Levels Pivot Woodie Fibonacci
Resistance 3 0.956 0.9558 0.9541
Resistance 2 0.9541 0.954 0.9524
Resistance 1 0.9516 0.9514 0.9513
Pivot 0.9496 0.9495 0.9496
Support 1 0.9471 0.9469 0.9479
Support 2 0.9451 0.945 0.9468
Support 3 0.9426 0.9424 0.9451